    --

    Once you have tasted flight you will walk the Earth with your eyes skyward,
    for there you have been and there you long to return

    Andy, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Andy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Andy said:

    > I am having problems getting into some sites from my machine, I am able to
    > acces them via another computer at work and the sites are fine, but
    > everytime i try at home i am getting page cannot be displayed. I'm running
    > XP with explorer 6 the sites are not blocked by the firewall or anything
    > else. Any ideas?

    Do you have a Hosts file?
    If you don't know what one is, the chances are you don't have one, as you would
    have had to load it onto your pc.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 1, 2003

  3. Andy

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:56:06 +0100, In this world we created "Andy"
    <> wrote :

    >I am having problems getting into some sites from my machine, I am able to
    >acces them via another computer at work and the sites are fine, but
    >everytime i try at home i am getting page cannot be displayed. I'm running
    >XP with explorer 6 the sites are not blocked by the firewall or anything
    >else. Any ideas?

    To see if it's browser specific try this free small one to access the
    site/s
    http://www.OffByOne.com/ob1_download.htm

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Andy

    renie Guest

    I have had that problem and Dell had me unplug my modem and then turn my
    computer off. Wait a minute and turn the modem on. When the light are
    all steady except the data light, turn the computer on. I am using
    Windows XP with browser 6.0. It works for me but it does happen about
    once a month.

    --

    Take care,
    Irene