    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Glad to hear you're getting back on track. Now that you are in the home stretch, you must concentrate on finishing the project. Forget about all other things until this is done. It is the modder's way.

    bigal, May 22, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ohhh, I know the modder's way but it's like, I have other projects going at the same time. For instance, today and tomorrow I'm over my pop's working on the Titan, a project that's been over a year in the building. We've finally gotten most of the parts for it, here's the breakdown.

    Hand etched UV reactive clear case (Infinity Customs brand, our own product)
    MSI Diamond Pro NForce4 SLIx16x2 Mobo
    AMD Athlon X2 4400+ Processor
    2 OCZ Titanium DDR400 PC3200 sticks
    2 Western Digital Raptor 150 X's SATA
    2 Western Digital Caviar 400's SATA
    (Raid 0/1)
    BFG GeForce 7900GTX SLI
    PurePower 650w SLI Rated PSU
    Creative XFi Fatal1ty Sound
    Sony DRU820A DVD +/- DL/DL DVD
    Sony DRU710A " "
    Zalman Reserator 1 Plus cooling on CPU/North/GPU
    UV and CCFL Lighting
    Logitech DiNovo keyboard with G7 mouse added on.
    Windows Professional XP64

    Today we did a test fit of the hardware, got everything running and installed the windows and a copy of a game to test it out. That machine SCREAMS. Tomorrow I'll be installing the Reserator but we need to wait for the northbridge block to show up to finish the water cooling totally and the two 400gb Caviars are also on order. Everything else is in and working.

    Project ECW is waiting on some lighting and that's it, it's done. Once the lighting gets here I'll put that in and button it all up. I might add some minor detail work to it but nothing major.

    The Modfather, May 23, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    U MAKE ME WANT TO STEAL THAT COMPUTER!!!!!! how dare the..

    and i would steal it fulls stop if it had Peltier or Phase Changer :p

    unholy, May 23, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Titan sounds like a winner. Time to game again, isn't it?

    bigal, May 23, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unfortunately no, dad's not a gamer really, it's more of a bit torrenting, edonkeying, ebaying machine. :)

    I know, sounds like a terrible waste doesn't it? Maybe I should trade him. :)

    The Modfather, May 24, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I'm thinking about having a LAN party this coming Monday (Memorial Day holiday). I have a new 7800 GS AGP videocard coming today from ZipZoomFly, and it's going in my new Lian Li PC-G70B-CW case before the week's over. That makes it a gaming machine, and I haven't been gaming for a while.

    Can you support some on-line gaming on Memorial Day? What better thing to do but pick up a machine gun and take out some bad guys? Make sure your flag is out....

    bigal, May 24, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I can but only after the cookout, we have our family over every memorial day for a cookout after our parade. Our little town has the best memorial day parade in the country. We've even had presidents march in it. I don't mean Philly either, just our neighborhood. Pretty cool.

    Anyway, yeah, it'll be later in the evening though.

    Why AGP and why not the GTX?

    I gots to get me a 7900GTX SLI board. Got any contacts?

    The Modfather, May 25, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Ok then, we'll be posting something about the COD2 server in the forums. I think the LAN party will start in the early afternoon. It should continue at least to 10PM.

    I don't have any contacts for obtaining a high-end videocard or a motherboard either. I got the AGP card because all but one of my systems is AGP.

    bigal, May 25, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh well, never hurts to ask. :)

    I won't be on at 10pm, almost guaranteed, I won't get on until around midnight, but if you're still in the game post something. We'll meet somewhere. I've been hitting all the servers with new maps lately and there's one that's a tactical only server, no running, it's an S&D server, I forget the name of it though, but if you've been on it you'd remember it. That one's pretty cool.

    The Modfather, May 27, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The game has been rescheduled for 7PM to 11PM EST tonight, 05-27-06. Monday didn't work for most people. I have Rolling Thunder early tomorrow morning, but other players (like my 2 boys) will probably stay in the game. Look to the Lounge for the gaming link on COD2. We'll be posting the server name there.

    bigal, May 27, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Project ECW is finished... See the worklog on my site, main page has the pics.

    Here's a teaser.

    [​IMG]

    The Modfather, May 30, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    is that meant to be blurry? :p

    XhArD, May 30, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    No...

    It shows you how hard it is to take photographs in low-light situations. You can't hold the camera still enough by hand, you need to have it on a tripod.

    So, the red and blue cold cathode fan-style lights did the job. I like the dual-color effect.

    Now it's time to gather up all the writing and document the build in something like a PDF file. Submit that with pictures in it to the magazines like Maximum PC, and see if you can win Rig of the Month!

    Great job. ECW looks great.:elephant:

    bigal, May 30, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Thats why i have a bi-pod i mean tri-pod :p

    It looks pretty sick from that blurry pic there.

    After reading the long long interesting Worklog :)...
    I cant help but be excited to see more pictures.

    I would like to judge it, but theres nothing to compare it to, nothing as ownage as it :)

    All i can say is it makes a Ninja look simple!

    ps. if u cant win an award with that bueat then there something wrong with the modding community.

    :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

    unholy, May 30, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe, thanks man. Al's right, it's next to impossible to get pics like that with this camera. If I could get one with built in image stabilization it'd solve the problem though. A tripod doesn't always do it, believe it or not that WAS taken with the camera on a tripod. A mini-tripod admitedly but still a tripod. I'll try again with the full sized tripod and see if it helps but I really think it's this camera, no matter what I do I get the blurs. I sometimes even get it in broad daylight. Really I need to get a new camera and I need to find a source that'll let me have one as a review item because I am stone cold broke.

    Making a PDF worklog might be an idea but I didn't take the kind of pics most people like to see in a worklog. There are some but, like, I never take pics when I'm doing things like cutting metal or whatever.

    So what program do you use to make PDF's Al? I've heard there are great alternatives to using Acrobat which is sluggish and a huge memory hog but I keep forgetting to make a note of the names of them.

    The Modfather, May 31, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have Adobe Acrobat, version 7. I usually write things in MSWord, and then print to the "Adobe Distiller", making a PDF file. You can then go into the PDF file and set the security settings to prevent anyone from messing with it - or even printing it if you wish. Works great for me.

    bigal, May 31, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    If I had $800 that'd be what I'd invest it in, it's important for the reviews and all that mostly. I just hope Bob can swing the deal to get me something from his contact. If not then I'm gonna try hitting a few camera companies up for one to review. It can't hurt to try.

    Al, Acrobat is so damned slow and sluggish, have you tried any of the PDF alternatives out there?

    The Modfather, Jun 1, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Isn't M$ supposed to have a PDF like thingy. i swear they did, or was that just for Office Plus 2007 which i installed onto my system with Vista :p

    unholy, Jun 1, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dunno, I wouldn't trust a M$ product if I can help it. I use Word because I have to and that's it outside of Winbl0wZ. :)

    Why the heck would you use Vista? Even when it's released I don't think I wanna use it.

    BTW: Why not have a look at what all this ECW stuff has been leading up to.
    http://www.ecwreborn.com

    The Modfather, Jun 2, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Vista Looks cool, thats it, i am going to do a breif Article on Beta 2 :p

    unholy, Jun 3, 2006