    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    aight, I'll take another gander.

    XhArD, Apr 14, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks great. So much work; I hope you win a case mod contest - maybe a submittal to Maximum PC magazine?

    bigal, Apr 14, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Might be a possibility. Since I've got actual sponsors this time I'm almost required to enter it into as many contests as I can to get some exposure for those sponsors. I'm also thinking of contacting Paul Heyman, see if I can't get some original parts for it, the only original ECW parts that I have that I can use are the medallions from my title belt. I really banged my head over whether or not to use them, they're solild 14k gold and the belt, well, heck it means a lot to me but, it's just been in a case over my desk and this will give it a new life. And I can always take the medallions off later if I change my mind and put 'em back on the leather strap. :)

    Ideally what would be cool as hell is if I can get some of my old buds from ECW to slap their John Hancock's on the case. That'd definatly make it unique and valuable. Problem is, getting them to meet me somewhere to do it while they're in Philly.

    The Modfather, Apr 15, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You could make the mounting points flexible, so you could easily remove the medallions when you're done with the photo shoot. I like the signature idea. Maybe you could send around letters to your buddies and then scan in the signatures to get digital versions. Then you make some type of transfer with the inkjet and paste that on the case in a flat spot.

    bigal, Apr 15, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    That's possible but it wouldn't really be autographed then. What I might try to do is get a letter in to WWE about it and see if they'll be in Philly any time soon, or maybe when they come to New York for ECW's One Night Stand this year (June) they'd be willing to stop by (maybe just a few guys) to sign it. Or who knows? Maybe they'll send me free tickets and airfare to see the show? :)

    The Modfather, Apr 16, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    How about sending out a plate that each one signs, and then forwards on to the next guy. It could be a plastic plate, small enough to be mounted into the case (in front, on top, etc.). Send a bunch of stamps along for the ride, after figuring out the postage cost for each leg. It wouldn't cost them anything to sign it and then send it to the next guy (you also include mailing labels).

    bigal, Apr 17, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    it would be safer to get them to sign a seperate one and get it sent back, that way its not all on one ticket, its all on different ones :p

    unholy, Apr 17, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmm, good ideas, but, that'd be a lot of plates to have 'em sign. Thinking here...

    If I could send in something to WWE HQ in Stamford, CT. then perhaps I could get a bunch of autographs at one time that way. Might be worth a shot. I did send an email to WWE so maybe they'll respond. But somehow I doubt it.

    The Modfather, Apr 17, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    For those of you too lazy to read my worklog on my site, here, pic.

    [​IMG]

    The Modfather, Apr 23, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Those light tubes are hot. And I'm glad you're only passing subtle hints about checking out the worklog.... :)

    Can I suggest EL wire beneath or surrounding the medallions?

    bigal, Apr 24, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can suggest it, but... :) I don't know. Every other thing I've used EL Wire on turns out looking funny. Maybe if I put it behind the medallions, so the wire itself doesn't show but the light glows from behind them. ???

    The Modfather, Apr 24, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    yep underneath! and u could use mayber one length for the hole 3 medallions :)

    unholy, Apr 25, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    No I couldn't, I'd have to rout it behind, that'd be a pain in the butt. And already I'm out of Molex's, I need to get a splitter hooked in for the Sunbeam controller now. Ugh! Wires, I hate wires.

    The Modfather, Apr 25, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Wire management isn't my concern. You've see my Globe of Retribution...

    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have seen it and yes, you do seem to take a lack of concern attitude towards it. :) But I have Steve (Mr. Freely) to do my wire management. :) He's good with that long spaghetti like wrap. I just have to find a good source for it.

    The Modfather, Apr 27, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Isle of Capri would be my choice. I think you should go there to personally pick out the colors.

    [​IMG]

    Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
    bigal, Apr 27, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Al did that have any to do with wehat modfather was talking about?

    Modfather, do u have any dead or old shit AT power supplies lying around?

    If u do get a Molex Y Splitter and cut off the Strip of Molexs from the Old PSU, and Soilder it together :) otherwise Buy a PSU with Tons of Molexs :)

    unholy, Apr 28, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    "with that long spaghetti like wrap.." Gee, I have no idea why I picked Italy. What got into me?

    bigal, Apr 28, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hehehe, you know what I mean damnit. Antec makes the stuff in green and blue but I want it in red, not UV either just solid red if I can find it.

    Anyway, lets see... Um, I have plenty of Molex splitters dude, that's not the problem, it's the wiring, all the damned wires! I just hoped that I wouldn't have to go into using splitters in this rig but I'm gonna have to it seems.

    The PSU I'm using is a PC Power & Cooling 1kw PSU, they don't come any better than that beast.

    The Modfather, Apr 28, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Update (For those of you who don't bother reading them on my site, you jerks!)

    I got the barbed wire baseball bat all done, carved the wooden stands for it, did a test fit and hated it. It just didn't look right with the mod at all, so that whole idea is out the window. Now there's a new plan. I'm going to build a miniature ECW ring for the top of the case (you're going to have to go to my site and look at the worklog for the renders of it, I'm not linking, so neyh!)

    I also finished the window cut today and sent the dimensions in to Tommy at HyperKore. The cut came out very smooth and clean (well, clean as in it looks clean but man what a mess). Apparantly Antec built a sound dampening material in between the sheets of metal. (Yep, the sides of the case are two sandwiched pieces of aluminum with a black material in between). It ate about 15 reinforced cutting disks on the dremel but at least this time I didn't burn out the dremel or seriously burn my hands. Yeah! :)

    Now I'm thinking, should I chrome trim the side panel or wood veneer it? I have it chrome right now but it doesn't look totally perfect. I might even opt for painting it, haven't decided yet. Any thoughts or suggestions?

    The Modfather, May 4, 2006