    still with me Gringo ?

    Best regards,
    Bill.

    Bill McCarty, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    Still here but don't have a clue. I am using Thunderbird both as
    news reader and email client. When setting up the email client there
    is a tick box to enable separate inbox, sent, trash etc. Local
    folders will hold the sent posts to Usenet etc. Your extra folders
    could have been created when you set up the news but not sure of
    that. My local folders consists of Inbox, Usenet messages, drafts,
    sent, junk, trash. saved news. I am sure you can delete anything you
    don't need or want.

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    See my Thunderbird here:
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com/moz-screenshot-m.jpg
    click image to make full size.

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    Here is the same shot displayed in FireFox:
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com/moz-screenshot-1.jpg
    again click image to make full size.

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  5. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    OH YA, Right click, delete :)

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    Email Address:
    If you are using your real email address in the news group you are
    sure to be bombarded with spam, virus, Trojans, and the like.

    It's ok in your email but not in news posts. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  7. Bill McCarty

    Moz Champion Guest

    Or continue to use your real email address

    spam can be curtailed by fighting back (closing down spam sites)
    viruses and trojans are not a threat unless you open attachments, so
    just dont.

    Moz Champion, Aug 13, 2005
  8. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    Thanks for the input. I don't have the resources to fight spam so
    not receiving any is my attempt at not cluttering my email service
    with unsolicited emails. I use a thumb rule of the road, If it is
    not from someone I know, it is deleted before opened. Again thanks
    for the input.

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  9. Old Gringo schreef:
    I use despammed.com to post to Usenet, it works very well. And for
    those that come through, forward them to spamcop.net. I think despammed
    does that too, or something similar. That's one way of fighting spam,
    albeit not the most efficient...

    Cheers, H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    Interesting websites:
    www.lieverleven.be (I cooperate)
    www.eu04.com European Referendum Campaign
    aouw.org The Art Of Urban Warfare

    Hendrik Maryns, Aug 13, 2005
  10. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    My ISP is SBC Yahoo and they do a tremendous job of filtering spam.
    None ever get to my email client. I can look at them online however
    and there are a few here and there. I'll try that spamcop if any
    should get by SBC Yahoo. Thanks

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  11. Bill McCarty

    Ed Mullen Guest

    A Tbird folder "able" in your mail account has a corresponding Windows
    file "able.sbd".

    There will also be a file "able" which will contain any mail messages in
    the root "able.sbd" folder.

    If you create sub-folders under "able" there will be ".sbd" folders and
    files for each of them, and so on.

    /ANY/ file placed in a Tbird mail folder at the OS level will cause
    Tbird to create these folders/files. Somehow, you either have your mail
    profile stored in your Desktop Windows folder OR you have somehow
    copied/created those shortcut files in your Tbird mail structure. One
    final (though very doubtful) possibility would be cross-linked data
    structures on your hard drive.

    At any rate, close Tbird, navigate to your mail profile, find the
    offending shortcut files and delete them. Run Tbird and delete the
    offending folders.

    Ed Mullen, Aug 13, 2005
  12. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    Thanks Ed;, not only helpful for him but also me. Thanks again.

    Old Gringo, Aug 13, 2005
  13. Bill McCarty

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Happy to help

    You know, I only know enough to be helpful because of these newsgroups.
    It's where I learn most of what I know. I've been helped by countless
    participants in here and other groups. All I'm trying to do is give a
    little back. So, if it helps, great.

    For novices here, I suggest paying attention to the signatures of
    regular posters. Those links contain a whole lot of good info. Which
    will answer most questions posted here. Or, at least, point you in the
    right direction and enable you to learn things that will last you a
    lifetime.

    Ed Mullen, Aug 14, 2005
  14. Bill McCarty

    Old Gringo Guest

    I to have learned from the NG, and Not knowing much about the full
    operation of a computer and its OS I do a lot of trial and error. I
    usually find software apps quite easy to cope with. I have paid a
    visit to your site, very well done. George.

    Old Gringo, Aug 14, 2005