    533 Mhz RAM with a Linksys USB adaptor. All drivers are up to date. How
    to I fix this and be able to have wireless on and be able to open new
    programs?

    FriendsOfWraiths, Jan 1, 2007

  2. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 1, 2007

  3. Only two items pop up when wireless is turned on: lucallbackproxy.exe
    and lucoms~1.exe, both Symantec processes. But, when I disable Norton
    Internet Security, and try Wireless on and off again, it doesn't work.
    I also noticed that after the PC is idle with screensaver up, trying to
    open any programs afterwards also takes a long time.

    FriendsOfWraiths, Jan 1, 2007
  4. Hi
    First check your computer thouroly to make sure that it is clean from
    Viruses and Spyware.
    Under Normal situation, the Wireless should work whether Norton Internet
    Security (NIS) is On or Off. The LUCALLBACKPROXY.EXE is part of the NIS
    LiveUpdate. If the computer is cleaned, it seems to me that it is probably
    connecting to Symantec Site for LiveUpdate, and for some reason clogs the
    System. If it was my system I would try to totally Uninstall NIS, clean the
    registry, and if the Wireless and the computer are working OK call, or email
    Symantec, and ask for advice.
    Otherwise choose other means of protection,
    http://www.ezlan.net/security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 2, 2007
  5. I tried disabling and uninstalling NIS. That doesn't seem to be the
    problem. But what I later noticed was that a process called
    wmiprvse.exe loads in task manager and seems to only be around when the
    problems opening programs occurs and when wireless is started up. Is
    there any way to test and see if this is the cause of the lagging in
    trying to open up new programs? It cannot be disabled from Task Manager
    and I don't know if it has anything to do with wireless connections.

    FriendsOfWraiths, Jan 3, 2007