    have math covered if that is required.

    If there is something else that is appreciated please let
    me know.

    Nicholas Cole, Aug 29, 2003

  2. One of things that has been holding me back is a lack of a college degree.
    Sure, the computer technology that they will teach you will be archaic and
    out of sync with the current technology, but you'll develop many other
    facets of yourself such as cross-country skiing and guitar lessons (classes
    I took before I dropped out).

    I've been busy making up for the lack of degree with experience and
    certifications but I fear I will need to go back and finish this up with
    accredited night/online courses.

    To get a developer job you need to prove to the world that you have the
    tenacity to create something great. Perhaps you should consider starting
    your own software business and try selling it. It'll look good on the
    resume.

    I sharpened my developer skills best while consulting. I was often placed at
    a client by my consulting firm for a few months, figured out the technology,
    wrote the initial software and was onto the next project in a totally new
    branch of Microsoft technology.

    Don't get married. After they take away your time, kill your spirit, and
    stomp on your heart, they clean out your wallet.

    Good luck to you in the future. I spent many hours myself when I was 14
    writing assembly programs on an Apple //c. "CALL -151"

    Sincerely,
    Davin Mickelson, MCSD(VS6), MCSD.NET, MCSA

    Davin Mickelson, Aug 29, 2003