    I've even tried using Abexo's registry cleaner, but I'm afraid I may have to
    go into the registry manually and clean it out that way to fully get rid of
    Nero. Any suggestions? I'm stumped.

    Guest, Aug 5, 2007

  2. Before doing anything elaborate, I would try and re-install Nero with all
    the default options configured, then re-boot and remove it from there - and
    do re-boot again, you cannot overdo it unless you don't stop.

    If that don't work, try a system restore - pick a date before you installed
    Nero.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 6, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Oh, great...I'm doomed: I installed Nero when I assembled the computer, so
    the restore point most likely includes Nero as part of its initial
    configuration.

    Well, I'll give it a shot...who knows? And if that doesn't work, I'll
    reinstall everything like you said and try again. Got nothin' to lose but a
    few minutes. Thanks for the reply!

    Guest, Aug 6, 2007
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    It is easy to remove the entry from add/remove programs in X64 (you didn't
    say, XP or Vista) but the respawning of the folder could take more time than
    reinstalling, but would be more satisfying.

    John Barnes, Aug 6, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    My bad. XP Pro. But I think I finally got it. A combination of registry
    cleaning, reinstallation, and having Father Montoya come down from the church
    and do a little exorcism.

    Works fine now!

    Thanks for the assist, folks.

    Guest, Aug 6, 2007