    susan twist Guest

    when I try to launch a executable file in the ms dos prompt I get a program
    to big to fit in memory error

    susan twist, Sep 3, 2003

  2. susan twist

    Boomer Guest

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.

    Rindler Sigurd would also like me to tell you that you should not jump off
    the roof of your house. You might hurt yourself, apparently.

    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    alt.test --------------------------------->
    misc.test ------------------------------>
    za.test --------------------------------->

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :-[*]

    Boomer, Sep 3, 2003

  3. On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:43:27 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind boggled
    at the following statement by susan twist in message
    And what part of that message do you not understand? What executable are you
    trying to run? How much available memory do you have. Remember, in DOS, you
    only have 640K (max) available to run programs. At the DOS prompt, type "MEM"
    (no quotes) and you'll see how much memory you have available and the largest
    executable you can run.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 2026