    I turn it off then it reenables itself. Is it doing this from inside the registry? I have Win98.

    Thanks,
    Jim

    Jim Prather, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Jim Prather

    Shep© Guest

    Click here for you problem,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

    Please don't post in Html on news groups,
    http://www.albion.com/netiquette/

    HTH :)

    Shep©, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Jim Prather

    Jimchip Guest

    Please post in plain-text only.
    [snip]

    Run Ad-Aware and Spybot. Post back if that doesn't work.

    Anti-trojan
    Trojan Defence Suite: http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/
    Trojan Hunter: http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter.jsp
    http://www.moosoft.com/thecleaner/

    Anti-spyware
    Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    Spybot S&D (because trout said so):
    http://security.kolla.de
    Mara says, "A-spy is handy, too."
    http://miika.no-ip.org/ftp/?C=M&O=A

    Jimchip, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Hi.

    Take a look in your registry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT
    Delete the startup line from the registry and you shold be fine.

    The Power Station
    Playing Your Music!
    Now 128K
    Request:
    http://www.tps-1.net

    Kim And John Holtz, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Jim Prather

    Mara Guest

    Please do NOT post in HTML in 24HSHD. This is a plain-text-only newsgroup.

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <STYLE></STYLE>

    "Yeesh."

    Mara, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Jim Prather

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Prove it. And I don't mean by having your puppets post in agreement, I
    mean via charter or FAQ.

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 17, 2003
  7. yugsdrawkcab rambled on about something in
    To put it into plain English, if the name of the group doesn't have
    the word "Binary" in it somewhere, then it is against nettique, not
    to mention most ISPs AUP, to post anything that is not plain text.
    This includes HTML, .jpg, .gif, .etc...

    Besides, it's considered rude.
    NOI

    "No, I don't care of anyone thinks I'm a puppet/sock"

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 17, 2003
  8. Jim Prather

    Jimchip Guest

    yugtoidi is pretty dense on the subject. He also uses it to play his
    troll games.

    One example from one of his previous socks:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    Trolls are rude so that won't help with "yugsdrawkcab", aka
    "Newsgroup ID - All mail to bit bucket" aka "Greg Kopp".

    Jimchip, Jul 17, 2003
  9. Re: Jimchip rambled on about something in
    Ah. One of those types, eh?
    Hmm. That name sounds familiar. Dunno why, though... <Shrug>

    NO

    Kim And John Holtz, Jul 17, 2003
  13. Jim Prather

    Mara Guest

    Possibly because it has trolled in 24HSHD under all three nics.

    Mara, Jul 17, 2003
  14. Jim Prather

    Mara Guest

    Ok. Ok. I know you're an idiot now - you don't have to keep reinforcing the
    theory.

    Multiple posts, HTML in a plain-text newsgroup, and what may be a borked sig but
    could be construed to be a deliberate spam.

    Interesting.

    "About one more of these and I might have a word or three with Comcast."

    <snip>

    Mara, Jul 17, 2003
  15. Jim Prather

    trout Guest

    Thund3rstruck wrote:
    Oh, well. It was probably going to happen sooner or later. Backward
    Boy's been cavorting around all day, playing at his favourite game of
    replying to people he knows have him killfiled; so it looks as though
    he's having an 'authoritative final word'.

    trout, Jul 17, 2003
  16. Jim Prather

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Not quite. I'm proving that even though they keep yammering about
    ignoring me they simple cannot shut up and do just that.

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 17, 2003
  17. Jim Prather

    yugsdrawkcab Guest

    Don't listen to those netcop wannabe empty threats. "Mara" is just a
    lonely soul that cannot peacefully coexist with anyone. Therefore it
    hovers in this group just waiting to attack someone and use foul
    language in an attempt to make itself feel good.

    Also beware of it's puppet - "Jimchip".

    yugsdrawkcab, Jul 17, 2003
  18. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:47:19
    -0400, Thund3rstruck uttered this:
    FYI: yugdedaehkcuf is a troll & an idiot.

    "Most of the time, it talks to itself"

    William Poaster, Jul 17, 2003
  19. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:46:24
    -0700, trout uttered this:
    Damn! I was hoping it was so it could hang itself!

    William Poaster, Jul 17, 2003
  20. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:45:54
    -0500, Mara uttered this:
    That's odd....*none* of "Kim And John Holtz" posts showed up in this thread!
    Hm...

    William Poaster, Jul 17, 2003