  1. Is there some freeware program that does this (by clicking on a gray
    or white part of the image)?

    Ronny

    Ronny Svensson, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Ronny Svensson

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    No freeware that I'm aware of, but MS Picture It does
    have that function (for a price)

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Feb 9, 2004

  3. And Photoshop, and Photoshop Elements.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Ronny Svensson

    AArDvarK Guest

    And bo doubt the gimp, which is free ...
    Alex

    AArDvarK, Feb 10, 2004
  5. Ronny Svensson

    Robert Strom Guest

    It is not free, $39.95, but I consider it priceless.
    http://www.theimagingfactory.com/
    Go to prodcuts>color correction tools> white point

    This PS plug lets you click on the part of the image that should be
    white and does in a couple of seconds what could take minutes or more
    using Pshop's various color correction tools

    I use it every day. If time is money, then this plug-in is more than
    free. Note: I am not affiliated with the Imaginf factory, just an
    ardent user of its products becasue they work.

    Oh yes, you have control over how much to apply the filter as well as
    whether to have it also adjust the white point to 255 or +/- 10% which
    means you seldom have to go back to adjust levels or curves
    before/after applying the filter.

    As a side note, they also make an excellant perspective correction
    plug which I use all the time when using my wide angle lens shooting
    architectural pics. Makes lines straight like a view camera, without
    deterioting the image (though it does alter the frame and you have to
    crop away the excess background)

    my 2 cents, Robert Storm

    Robert Strom, Feb 10, 2004
  6. Ronny Svensson

    imbsysop Guest

    FYI .. Paintshop pro has a similar tool in the color balance
    adjustment .. "remove color cast" and it works very well especially
    with blue casts due to improper WB settings/measurements ...
    FWIW

    imbsysop, Feb 11, 2004