    in the shadow areas and sometimes looks like it blows out little areas
    in the highlights. Then the print ends up looking like crap. Can
    someone help?

    missblueamerican, Oct 10, 2004

  2. missblueamerican

    GeneR Guest

    My Epson 1270 would never print images that matched my
    monitor images. Eventually I created a new print mode that finally
    gave me what I wanted. I selected pint, then properties, mode,
    custom, advanced and changed the gamma, brightness, contrast, etc.
    and saved it as a new mode file.
    Then made a small test print and repeated the whole process over
    and over until I had exactly what I wanted. It was a lot of effort,
    but gave me the control I needed and I have used it for years.
    If you can't find what you need you might want to try this yourself.
    Gene http://www.photoprojects.net

    GeneR, Oct 10, 2004

  3. I have a mac, so I don't know if that will work. It just seems really
    odd that the Epson profiles are doing this. I worked with the 2200's
    at school and never had a problem. I'm wondering if it's a setting. It
    seems like a $450 printer shouldn't be doing this.

    missblueamerican, Oct 10, 2004
  4. missblueamerican

    Bud Guest

    Epson drivers for the Mac X are not that good, use CUPS and gimp print and
    you will have excellent prints.

    Bud, Oct 10, 2004
  5. what is CUPS and gimp print?

    Kelly