    Please provide me any information that could be usefully I have already done
    searches and I am coming up empty handed

    Thank you

    DIGS, Oct 7, 2005

  2. DIGS

    Mike Easter Guest

    I'm afraid to ask what you paid for the upgrade version of xphome.
    Errm, those tragic stories are sometimes not even as tragic as such as
    what you would have paid for the full version 'naked' as opposed to
    simply paying a MS tax on a full new home version when buried in the
    illegal dealings between such as MS and Dell.
    Doncha hate it when that happens? You would be better of with a crack
    than the real thing!
    It is a very sad story that you would have to work out with MS or get a
    crack. But cracks for the real xphome are much more available than
    cracks for an xphome upgrade. That will be a bitch.
    As long as you are this far down the MS behave yourself and pay full
    retail price road, you might as well enlist the help of MS itself.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326904 You receive a "The product
    key used to install Windows is invalid" error message

    Here is the MS Certificate of Authenticity page
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ww/default.mspx which
    discusses such things as counterfeit software.

    Mike Easter, Oct 7, 2005

  3. DIGS

    Ish Taylor Guest

    the product key - the CD Key . Not the same thing. Look closer - find the
    CD Key and enter it when it asks for it. The product key won't do.

    Ish Taylor, Oct 7, 2005
  4. DIGS

    Ron Martell Guest

    Sometimes the product keys are printed in a font that makes it easy to
    confuse certain letters and numbers such as 8 and B, or 6 and G.

    Try using a magnifying lens on the product key label. Sometimes the
    larger image makes these mixups easier to spot.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP