    Lost the envelop that had the product key for my win95 OSR2. My hard drive crashed and now I
    cannot reload the OS. Is there anyway that I can get the product key off the CD by a search, or
    is there some program that would allow me to get it off my CD?

    nicholas, Oct 6, 2004

  2. nicholas

    Thor Guest

    no, not from the cd, but if you still have your original registry files
    (user.dat and system.dat) intact on the drive, they can be opened in a
    DOS-based text editor from a boot-disk, and the product key is contained
    therein, amongst all the registry keys IIRC. You can search for the word
    "product" and you should run across it. Plato should be able to recall which
    file had the key. It's been while since I saw him post that tip.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004

  3. nicholas

    Plato Guest

    Depends what he means by his hard drive crashing. If he can at least
    boot to safe mode than all you do is search for ProductKey in the
    registry.

    If system.1st, if I recally correctly, is in the root directory then its
    there also can seach for it using just a text editor.

    I have a free download called diag but as I recall it's for 98 dont know
    if it works in 95 all it does, while in dos, is search the registry, if
    it exists, for the key.

    no, not from the cd, but if you still have your original registry files

    Plato, Oct 6, 2004
  4. nicholas

    nicholas Guest

    Thanks for all your replies, but after my HD crashed, I was foolish enough to format the drive,
    knowing I had the Cd, but completely forgot about the product key.
    Guess I am out of luck.

    nicholas, Oct 7, 2004
  5. nicholas

    John Guest

    Windows 95 (build 490) 100-1208613
    Windows 95 Build 950 r2 8757215850
    Windows 95 - Build 950 rev. R6 (final) CD-key: 875-7215850
    100-1208613
    757-2573155
    727-0208693
    767-0602634
    747-1012622
    105-7756325
    988-0529930
    511-1103646
    889-9850114
    975-4769754
    975-4769754
    040-2260882
    875-7215850
    100-1208613
    757-2573155
    Windows 95 Plus 040-0073635
    040-0081471
    040-0081586

    Windows 95 Full Version 15795-OEM-0001355-07757
    Windows 95 OEM CD-Rom 24995-OEM-0004361-59221
    19996-OEM-0013485-72574
    Windows 95 OEM Version 12095-OEM-0004226-12233
    15795-OEM-0001355-07757
    16595-OEM-0001695-96524
    Windows 95 Full 15795-OEM-0001
    Windows 95B 27497-OEM-0025347-80387

    Try these
    30997-0027273-74697
    36599-OEM-000917429179
    10001 - OEM - 0000007 - 10001
    You can try making up a product ID! The secret is that when you add
    up all the digits in the second numeric field, the total must be an
    even multiple of seven.

    Examples:

    17177-OEM-1616167-16167
    10597-OEM-0021407-56804