    processor, 512MB DIMMS/SDRAM. Today I tried to boot up the computer and it
    said that I may have a problem with cpu. Last used was Friday.

    Should I upgrade cpu/mainboard or just buy the cpu?

    Dim, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Dim

    ICee Guest

    The computer *said* it may have a problem with the CPU; you have one
    that talks? What happens exactly when you boot the system?

    ICee, Jun 21, 2004

  3. Dim

    billybronco Guest

    It shouts out "Ouch you bastard that hurt!" of course.

    billybronco, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Dim

    Dim Guest

    Yes, this motherboard has a Dr. Voice, one of the great feature of the AK73
    MB. It tells you if it encounters HW problems.

    When I boot up, the Dr.Voice says something in the line of "you may have a
    problem with your cpu", no display, power light on and the HDD light is on.
    Nothing else. Just the Dr.Voice repeating .

    Dim, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Dim

    ICee Guest

    LOL

    ICee, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Dim

    ICee Guest

    Talk about a gimmick. Does the CPU heatsink fan come on? What is the
    *exact* message?

    ICee, Jun 21, 2004
  7. I would not rely on "Dr. Voice" for troubleshooting a hardware problem. You
    could have a power supply problem. A capacitor may have failed. The problem
    could be with the motherboard or socket. The heatsink fan may have failed.
    The system hardware clock may not be ticking. Your "Should I upgrade
    cpu/mainboard or just buy the cpu" question at this point has no good
    answer. You need to be sure of what the problem actually is first, not what
    "Dr. Voice" tells you it is.

    Oxford Systems, Jun 21, 2004