    Guest Guest

    Haven't tried ufraw recently, have you?[/QUOTE]

    when did ufraw get mind reading functionality?

    Guest, Feb 26, 2010

  2. Alan Lichtenstein

    ray Guest

    when did ufraw get mind reading functionality?[/QUOTE]

    Long time ago. It does default exposure correction when you read the file
    - and yes it's quite simple to reset if you don't like it.

    ray, Feb 26, 2010

  3. Alan Lichtenstein

    ray Guest

    Well, I don't know - possibly because it has features you were
    complaining about not having - like default corrections applied when you
    read the file in.

    ray, Feb 26, 2010
  4. Alan Lichtenstein

    Guest Guest

    Long time ago. It does default exposure correction when you read the file
    - and yes it's quite simple to reset if you don't like it.[/QUOTE]

    that's not mind reading, and that's exactly the same in just about
    every raw converter (and is usually not ideal).

    Guest, Feb 26, 2010
  5. Alan Lichtenstein

    Guest Guest

    Well, I don't know - possibly because it has features you were
    complaining about not having - like default corrections applied when you
    read the file in.[/QUOTE]

    you obviously haven't used lightroom, since it does exactly that.

    Guest, Feb 26, 2010
  6. Alan Lichtenstein

    Guest Guest

    if only it could feel pain. and lots of it.

    Guest, Feb 26, 2010
  7. Alan Lichtenstein

    tony cooper Guest

    Where do you get the idea that I'm complaining? I don't want the
    program making the decisions. All those things I've listed above...I
    choose how to do. If UFRAW makes those decisions for me, I wouldn't
    want it.

    tony cooper, Feb 26, 2010
  8. Alan Lichtenstein

    J. Caldwell Guest

    I know the difference exactly. What you blind-worshipping PhotoSlop
    fanatics and fools don't realize is that right up until CS4 PhotoSlop WAS
    only a 16-bit math platform during its whole existence. Independent of
    color bit depths, that you stupidly think others don't know about nor are
    able to comprehend the difference.

    Worship on your knees some more troll-boy, then you can't tell what
    everyone else is doing above your field of view, just like you have been
    doing all along.

    Perhaps you should find another newsgroup where you aren't so easily
    revealed for the know-nothing troll that you are.

    J. Caldwell, Feb 26, 2010
  9. Alan Lichtenstein

    Guest Guest

    absolutely false.

    Guest, Feb 26, 2010
  10. Alan Lichtenstein

    J. Caldwell Guest

    That comment coming from the well known, never owned a camera, never took a
    photo, never used an editor, "nospam the troll".

    J. Caldwell, Feb 26, 2010
  11. Gee, it's the LOL P&S troll, or it's twin.
    Goodbye slime ...

    PLONK

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 26, 2010
  12.
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Feb 27, 2010
  13. Alan Lichtenstein

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Gee, I have development tools on my computer. I could develop a new
    Photoshop!

    Ray Fischer, Feb 28, 2010
  14. Alan Lichtenstein

    Guest Guest

    there's a mac version of picasa and plenty of other software too.
    he doesn't need the full photoshop.

    Guest, Mar 1, 2010
  15. Alan Lichtenstein

    John Turco Guest

    As is mine, dating back approximately 14 years.

    John Turco, Mar 29, 2010
  16. Alan Lichtenstein

    John Turco Guest

    Better Info wrote:

    <edited>

    I use Paint Shop Pro 7 and before that, employed PSP 4.12 ("perpetual" shareware
    version). They're both great Jasc products and are powerful -- yet, also easy to
    manipulate.

    John Turco, Mar 29, 2010
  17. Alan Lichtenstein

    John Turco Guest

    SMS wrote:

    <edited>

    Now, "clearlier" is incredibly funny! If CBS ever revives "Hogan's Heroes"
    (1965-1971), Photoline's authors should audition for roles on the show.

    John Turco, Mar 29, 2010
  18. Alan Lichtenstein

    Peter Guest

    Have you tried Corel Painter? It's brush and filter collection, despite the
    bugs, might make it easy to turn photos into your style of painting.

    Peter, Apr 3, 2010
  19. Alan Lichtenstein

    John Turco Guest

    No, I've never used it (nor am I a painter).

    John Turco, Apr 30, 2010
  20. Alan Lichtenstein

    Max Guest

    Philo & Tony,
    I appreciate your contributions. Corel seems to offer the closest to what
    I'm looking for.
    Quite frankly, with the number of posters here I had expected much more
    discussion on the subject but...........

    Thanks again.

    Max, Dec 27, 2011