Process client excel file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rrbowes, Aug 17, 2011.

  1. rrbowes

    rrbowes

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Michigan
    Hello,

    I am using a file upload control to capture an excel file path and populate an Oracle table with the excel data. The process works fine on the development machine when using either the Save As property and then reading the file into Oracle. Or just processing the Posted.FileName property directly.

    The process doesn't work on the server because:
    1. Saving files to our servers is forbidden - can't use FileSaveAs
    2. Invalid path error occurs when using the Posted.FileName property

    Anyone have some ideas?

    bob

    rrbowes, Aug 17, 2011