    the plugin but can't find it. Of course, it works fine with IE7 Beta.
    How can I find the plugin for Firefox? Thanks.

    Riderhood

    bgregg, Jun 3, 2006

  2. bgregg

    Ralph Fox Guest

    I don't see the same as you do.

    A. I go to http://cnn.com/
    B. So far, no instruction to install a plug-in.
    C. I click on one of the video links in "Latest News".
    D. A pop-up window appears which says "The CNN.com video experience
    is optimized for Windows media Player 9 or above". There is a
    button image labelled "GET THE PLAYER", with a link to
    http://www.windowsmedia.com/download . But there is no bar.
    E. I click the button image, and a Firefox browser window opens at
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
    From here I can download the Windows Media Player 9 installer.

    You may want to read here: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP

    Got an exact URL where you see that bar which you wrote of?

    Ralph Fox, Jun 3, 2006

  3. bgregg

    bgregg Guest

    I tried the CNN site again, and now it does work. I really I was
    getting the "can't find plug-in" on some other sites. I'll check it out
    carefully on my next try. Thanks for your help.

    Riderhood

    bgregg, Jun 3, 2006