Problems with posting email/news messages via OE6 and working with Web-based email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alex Vinokur, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    ============================
    Windows 2000 Professional,
    Version 5 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4)
    Outlook Express 6
    ============================

    Hi,

    I have the following problems whether I am using firewall (ZoneAlarm) or no.
    P.S. Sometimes the problems disappear.

    Problem-1 : Posting email messages.
    ------ Message Box ------
    A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. [snip] Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
    --------------------------

    Problem-2 : Posting news messages.
    ------ Message Box ------
    Outlook Express could not post your message. [snip] Server: 'news.individual.net', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
    Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    --------------------------

    Problem-3 : Working with Web-based email
    Can't go to Inbox, Bulk etc in my Yahoo account.

    How to solve the problems?

    Thanks,

    Alex Vinokur
    http://sourceforge.net/users/alexvn

    Alex Vinokur, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Alex Vinokur

    pen Guest

    In my experience, those errors are all due to troubles
    at your ISP. Check with them.

    pen, Jun 18, 2004

  3. Alex Vinokur

    Kath Adams Guest

    Alex Vinokur wrote:
    > ============================
    > Windows 2000 Professional,
    > Version 5 (Build 2195, Service Pack 4)
    > Outlook Express 6
    > ============================
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have the following problems whether I am using firewall (ZoneAlarm)
    > or no.
    > P.S. Sometimes the problems disappear.
    >
    > Problem-1 : Posting email messages.
    > ------ Message Box ------
    > A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. [snip]
    > Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
    > --------------------------
    >
    > Problem-2 : Posting news messages.
    > ------ Message Box ------
    > Outlook Express could not post your message. [snip] Server:
    > 'news.individual.net', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    > --------------------------
    >

    > Problem-3 : Working with Web-based email
    > Can't go to Inbox, Bulk etc in my Yahoo account.

    > How to solve the problems?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Alex Vinokur

    813514 - OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending
    E-Mail:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813514

    Time-Out Error 0x8004210a or 0x800ccc19 When You View a POP3 E-Mail
    Account with AntiVirus Software Installed
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813518

    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)