Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hope someone can help here.

    I have two PCs both with XP Pro, both have a wireless connection and one has
    a network ethernet card all connecting to a DSL Internet connection router.

    I have managed to setup a home office with workgroup MSHOME for both PCs and
    connected to the DSL for internet usage and working fine!

    However, the problem is connecting between both machines, I just can not
    seem to share folders. I have allowed share access, managed my Norton's
    firewall to allow access between PCs but every time I try my "network places"
    it sees the workgroup name but sends me an error after 20 seconds stating I
    do not have permission.

    I am new to networking and only learnign the security aspects of networking.
    BUT I could really do with connecting both machines before worrying about
    security!?!?!

    Can someone help me and guide ime in the right direction in security issues
    etc? Basically is it possible to set up one machione as a server, does all
    the hard work and one that just links to it!? I also want to share my printer!

    Appreciating anyone's response!

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Guest

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 22, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Jack, very useful site and will try setting my network from scratch
    tonight at home. It seems to have everything I need to resolve this issue.
    Again thanks.

    Guest, Mar 23, 2005