Problems with IBM T40 + PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Al Blake, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Al Blake

    Al Blake Guest

    We have 250+ IBM T40 with the IBM PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B 802.11b card
    installed. Laptops run WXPSP2.
    Driver is 1.2.3.14 which is the latest we can find.

    We are using Cisco 1200 Aps with PEAP-TLS authentication.

    When the machines startup they connect perfectly initially....but the ping
    times are all over the place to a wired server:

    eg: 113,19,72,28,255,23 ms
    when running a Toshiba satellite 1800 with its 802.11.b card over the same
    setup the pings are uniformly 2ms.

    then...after a *random* time (usually about 5 minutes) we lose the wireless
    connection on the IBM altogether....and authenticationm starts
    again...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.

    We have a couple of T40s with the 802.11a/b/g card installed and they seem
    to be rosk steady on the WLAN, despite having a later driver. So it seems as
    though there is an issue with the
    2100 3B + XPSP2 + PEAP-TLS ????
    Anyone else expereincing similar problems?

    Anyone know of a newer driver or other fixes we can try? We *really* dont
    wan to have to buy 250+ new cards to get these T40s to connect with
    stbility.
    Al Blake, Australia

    Al Blake, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Al Blake

    Al Blake Guest

    For anyone else with the same issue - we updated the IOS on the 1200 APs to
    the laterst version and the problem when away.
    Al

    Al Blake, Oct 11, 2004

  3. Al Blake

    tkauppin

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    similar problems noticed

    I've noticed similar problems with WLAN in my T40, running Windows XP.
    That's happening with 3 different wlans so the problem should be in the laptop. Driver version is 1.2.4.41 (Intel, 7/13/2006). This is very annoying.

    tkauppin, Mar 24, 2008
  4. Al Blake

    marhoel

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Peap Issue

    Hi tkauppin,

    I have the issue like your in our office now, can i have the exact ap ios you used to solved the issue? Hope to hear any solutions from you.
    thanks

    Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
    marhoel, Nov 1, 2008