Problems with Gradwell service

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Don Carter, Jun 11, 2005.

  1. Don Carter

    Don Carter Guest

    Hi

    My setup is

    Gradwell.net VOIP service using Xten Lite.
    USB Handset

    I can hear when I make calls but can not be heard
    The speaker in the handset works well under windows (I can hear sound
    through it)
    The microsphone works well under windows (I can record my voice using
    Windows sound recorder)

    When I dial 160 on the xten software, I can not hear anything echoed
    back to me.

    What am I doing wrong?

    Any help appreciated.

    Don Carter

    Don Carter, Jun 11, 2005

  2. Don Carter

    Dave Gill Guest

    Are you using a router or a firewall with your computer (I hope the
    answer to the latter is "yes")? If so maybe you need to open up some
    ports for the X-lite?

    Gradwell have a list of likely ports you may need open for VoIP.

    On the other hand, you could always get youself a nice little hardware
    ATA... ;-)

    Dave Gill, Jun 11, 2005

  3. Don Carter

    Dave Gill Guest

    Have a look here:

    http://tinyurl.com/b8gkd

    Dave Gill, Jun 11, 2005
  4. Don Carter

    Don Carter Guest

    Are you using a router or a firewall with your computer (I hope the
    answer to the latter is "yes")? If so maybe you need to open up some
    ports for the X-lite?[/QUOTE]
    yes I am. I tried opening the ports and now get call failed 408
    timeout
    That'll be the next step assuming I can prove the technology works.

    Don Carter, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Don Carter

    Dave Gill Guest

    Have you set the outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net:5082? You won't
    need to open up that port on your firewall and you won't need any STUN
    settings.
    If you get an ATA, of the current range on offer, I'd recommend a Sipura
    of some sort. I've found Gradwell's service to be reliable so far, and
    their support team gets back pretty quickly if you have questions.

    Dave Gill, Jun 11, 2005