Problems with Firebird 0.7 on some web pages

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Chris, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    I wrote previously about Firebird not opening links on some pages and
    thought that it was to do with Tabbrowser extensions. After
    experimenting, including creating a new profile, the problem seems to be
    that some links will not open in a new Tab.

    I would be grateful if someone could confirm what I am saying and
    possible offer an explanation. In order to demonstrate this, please try
    the following:

    Open Firebird and go to http://www.bbc.co.uk.
    Check that links work particularly in the BBCi Directory - for example
    CBBC, CBeebies etc.
    Open new Tab and go to the same page - http://www.bbc.co.uk.
    Again check to see if those same links work. In my case,they do not work
    in new Tabs, only the first Tab.

    Thanks

    Chris, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Working fine from here. Are you using the release version of 0.7 or a
    recent nightly build?

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    That's interesting. I'm using the release version.

    Chris

    Chris, Dec 9, 2003
  4. YOu say you are using TBE, as do I. TBE is a confusing extension
    though, with far more possible settings hten most people use. Try going
    over the options, just to see if you might have checked something that
    shouldn't be checked. You can also try inistalling TB and installing
    again, perhaps something got corrupted.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 9, 2003
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Thanks for your help, Lee. I did as you suggested but no change. So I
    took courage with both hands and uninstalled/reinstalled FB 0.7, then
    reinstalled TBE, and all is now OK.

    Regards

    Chris

    Chris, Dec 9, 2003