    warnings about sticking with multiple smaller MB cards rather than the
    largest size I could get. I was wondering if data or image loss is a common
    problem with digital cameras and the various media they use?

    Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Hans Kruse Guest

    Just a precaution, I never had a problem with my CF cards for 4 years. I
    shot lots of pictures.

    Hans Kruse, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    John Navas Guest

    In <> on Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:06:49 -0500,
    FWIW, I never had that kind of problem with any of the many digicams I've
    owned and used. Perhaps your digicam or media is defective.

    John Navas, Feb 29, 2004
  4. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Ed Ruf Guest

    The only time I had a problem was when my 990 tried to write to an almost
    full card, with insufficient room for the full image. That locked it up. No
    other problems in 3+ years and 10k+ images. No problems with my 5700 in 2k
    images.

    If you wish to take RAW NEF images with the D70 be sure to consider ample
    storage.

    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://members.cox.net/egruf
    See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
    http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

    Ed Ruf, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I have used CF cards for about 2 years, and SD cards for about a month.
    I haven't lost any pictures on either media.

    Ron Hunter, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Nibbler Guest

    Not a one? Great memory. Per gig, there are like dozens *I* could have lost
    and never would have even noticed. ;-)

    Nibbler, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Bill Guest

    I use a 1GB CF card and a 128MB SmartMedia card and I have never lost one
    image.

    Bill

    Bill, Mar 1, 2004
  8. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Bill Guest

    I make voice notations of my photo shoots........ as to date, time,
    location, weather, numberof shots, and for panoramic sequences as to how
    many parts there are, horizontal or vertical pan......left to right (or vice
    versa), or top to bottom, etc. When you travel a lot, you have to develope
    some habits to help the memory! Well at least I do :)
    Bill

    Bill, Mar 1, 2004
  9. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Never had any problems with CF cards, not even with the 1GB
    IBM microdrive (one of the earliest units, still alive and kicking...)

    If you want to get the best quality from your D70, you definitely
    want to shoot in RAW format and for that you need AT LEAST
    a 512mb card (=53 pictures.)

    Paolo Pizzi, Mar 4, 2004
  10. Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Thanks to the EXIF, at least you no longer have to remember the
    basic details: which lens you used, aperture, shutter speed, focal
    length etc.

    Paolo Pizzi, Mar 4, 2004