    Am I missing a lot if I don't use color streaming? It's a Toshiba.
    Also has progressive scan. Don't know what that is either. The user's
    guide is awful!

    googlemail2003, Nov 16, 2006

  2. I'm sure it must be awful if they use "color stream" to mean component video
    inputs. Sounds like you just didn't set up the DVD player to use the
    component video output--not doing this will give you all-one-color pictures.
    Just go into the setup menu for the DVD player and change the video output.
    (What's really awful is that the dealer didn't know about this.)

    Kimba W. Lion, Nov 16, 2006

  3. You're sure that's "color streaming" as in, the brand name for YCbCr
    connections (the new-generation blue/brown connections, instead of the
    usual red/yellow)?
    If your DVD player only has red/yellow RGB outputs, that's a whole
    different beast.

    Derek Janssen (who had never heard of YCbCr "color stream" before his
    first Toshiba standard set, either)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 16, 2006
  4. It says color streaming YPbPr (whatever that means)

    googlemail2003, Nov 16, 2006
  5. This worked.

    Thanks!!

    googlemail2003, Nov 16, 2006