PROBLEMS WITH ALL MGM/UA BOND DVDS--PLEASE READ!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mooble, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Mooble

    Mooble Guest

    Forgive me if this is an old topic, I don't follow the newsgroup much
    anymore. I recently discovered that two of my Bond DVDs no longer play and a
    third is giving me trouble. All three DVDs worked perfectly in my DVD players
    (I have four) and now they don't. The only thing that has changed is time.
    The DVDs were working when they were put back in their case and now, a year
    or so later, they won't even load to the menu screen. I get a "can't read
    disc" error immediately. These discs are flawless. They were only played once
    or twice and had absolutely no scratches anywhere. They only culprit has to
    be some kind of DVD rot that is tarnishing the coating or something akin to
    that. To top it off, my copy of Lifeforce (another MGM/UA) exhibits the same
    problem. Has anyone else exhibited these problems. Obviously it is way too
    coincidental for only my MGM/UA discs to exhibit this problem. There has to
    have been a problem with the pressing or a contamination of the coating.

    If you own MGM/UA Bond DVDs (preferably older copies), please check them out
    and see if you have these problems. Maybe they got a deal on some defunct
    DIVX discs and they only play for a year before imploding. :) Either way, if
    there is a real problem, we need to bring it to everyones attention so that
    they recall the DVDs.

    If you find that you do have a problem with your MGM/UA DVD, please email me
    at . I want to document as many cases as possible and
    take it to MGM/UA.

    Mooble, Nov 2, 2004

  2. My moonraker dvd that I bought about 5 years ago does not play. No scratches at
    all.

    SpiderManHouston, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Mooble

    Film Buff Guest

    Which ones are you having a problem with so I can check mine - there are 22 of them

    Film Buff, Nov 2, 2004
  4. Mooble

    Mooble Guest

    It does not seem to be the title, but rather the length of time I have owned
    it. My Moonraker and Spy Who Loved Me refuse to even load to the menu and
    both have absolutely no scratches. My Tomorrow Never Dies is acting up, but
    still plays. I would check the ones that you have owned the longest and see
    if you notice any problems. If so, get back to us so we can take this to
    MGM/UA.

    Mooble, Nov 3, 2004
  5. Mooble

    Mooble Guest

    Yep, sounds like the same problem I am having.

    Mooble, Nov 3, 2004
  6. Mooble

    Wild Coyote Guest

    Hi mooble. I checked mine and had no problems. I bought them when
    they first came out and they are first editions. Did you try another
    DVD player?

    Wild Coyote, Nov 19, 2004
  7. Mooble

    RandallS

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a set of MGM Bond movies I bought about 5 years ago. So far none of the 9 discs in the set play perfectly and 4 of them are not recognised by any of my DVD palyers. What recourse do I have? None of these have been played more than twice and all are physically perfect as far as I can tell.

    RandallS, Aug 26, 2010
  8. Mooble

    Alien

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Moonraker DVD problem

    Yeap. I have the same problem here. The DVD itself is in mint condition but I tried it with three different players with no luck. Not even the PC DVD drive can recognize it.

    Alien, Dec 25, 2012