    explorer, but it wont get installed.. I just get the error message saying
    "restart PC now" .. Nothing seems to work.. I am totally helpless. Please
    help :S Thanks in advance.

    Zokutai, Oct 4, 2008

  2. I would guess that your installation didn't install
    properly. Internet Explorer is part of the system, so you
    should not have to 'install' it.

    Probably the best approach is to start over and do a 'full
    format' to ensure any residual information is cleaned up. A
    'quick' format does not clean the information from the hard
    drive. All it does is delete the file and directory
    information and leaves any actually information on the hard
    drive. If you were having problems before, then a 'quick'
    format leaves that 'problem' on your hard drive.

    Bobby Johnson, Oct 4, 2008

  3. You say you just re-installed. How, exactly, did you do that? And why? It
    sounds like it didn't successfully complete, and I'm concerned that
    something else is going on here.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 5, 2008