    It used to be intermitent, but now it has remained the same for 2 days. Does
    anyone know what is the problem, the moniter is only 7 months old, but I
    don't want to send it out for repairs as they take 6 weeks.

    Calvin, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Calvin

    dadiOH Guest

    You should be able to adjust hue. brightness, etc. via the monitor itself.
    Look for a buton to push.

    You can also do the same with some video cards. Many have an added area in
    Display Properties>Settings>Advanced.

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________

    dadiOH, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Calvin

    Dan Evans Guest

    As long as you're sure you haven't managed to adjust the settings, it needs
    to go out for repair - unless you are competant to open the case.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 6, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    I'm assuming this is a CRT, so I would have to say the tube in the
    monitor has gone bad. If it's still under warranty, I would send it
    back. Most shops just usually swap them out.

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Calvin

    °Mike° Guest

    Send it back and ask for a replacement.

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Calvin

    Waxhead Guest

    If it's a CRT you probably might have a loose connection somwhere (it
    might be a problem on the tube-neck), the best thing to do is to send it
    away so that qualifyed service personell can fix it! First of all you
    should make 100% sure that it's the monitor who is faulty and not the
    graphics adapter or cables. I reccomend you to send it back (it's only 7
    months old).

    I had (almost) the same problem on my monitor and i was almost to give
    up finding the error until i accidentally touched a switch! It was loose
    and that WAS actually a hard error to find. It can be a million things!
    that's wrong, perhaps a trivial matter or a REAL serious problem!

    Remember; if you fix it yourself there might still be other "loose
    stuff" in there and you have voided your warranty, IF you send it back
    for repair any faults that might happen later (perhaps caused by
    stressed components due to the hue-failure) is not your problem! (at
    least not economical)

    Don't be STUPID! SEND IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Waxhead, Oct 7, 2004
  7. Calvin

    Plato Guest

    refurbished is the online name for used. Time for a new monitor.

    Plato, Oct 8, 2004