    TIA

    Adam

    [1] http://www.bextech.co.uk/voip/

    adamc, Aug 19, 2005

  2. adamc

    adamc Guest

    For 1866, I mean 1899.

    adamc, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Thus spaketh adamc:

    Sounds like you have a router problem, you will need to open/forward some
    ports.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 20, 2005
  4. adamc

    adamc Guest

    If it was just a port, what does Firefly do to get round that port that
    XLite cannot?

    Adam

    adamc, Aug 20, 2005
  5. Thus spaketh adamc:
    Are you using Firefly with the iax setting and X-Lite with the sip setting?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 20, 2005
  6. adamc

    adamc Guest

    adamc, Aug 20, 2005
  7. adamc

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    Does X-Lite handle IAX..? I thought it was purely SIP, but I could be
    wrong.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 20, 2005
  8. Thus spaketh adamc:

    In the proxy settings enter iax.1899.com in place of where you have sip.......

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2005
  9. Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
    Yes, x-lite handles iax.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 21, 2005
  10. adamc

    Roly Guest

    No it doesn't - not according to the authors of the program anyway. The only
    protocol it supports is SIP.

    Roly.

    Roly, Aug 21, 2005
  11. same protocol, different URL for same server.

    X-lite isn't an IAX client.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 21, 2005
  12. Thus spaketh Roly:
    Strange then, I have been using it all this time and still am with a few iax
    entries!!!

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 22, 2005
  13. Thus spaketh Phil Thompson:
    So does x-lite / 1899 just ignore the fact I have entered iax.1899.com and
    switch to sip.1899.com ?

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Aug 22, 2005
  14. adamc

    Brian Guest

    Yes. I imagine the 1899.com software can determine which protocol your
    device wants to use and opens the appropriate channel.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 22, 2005
  15. adamc

    Paul Cupis Guest

    They resolve to the same servers, so there is nothing to ignore.

    $ host iax.1899.com
    iax.1899.com A 213.61.187.157
    iax.1899.com A 213.61.187.156
    $ host sip.1899.com
    sip.1899.com A 213.61.187.157
    sip.1899.com A 213.61.187.156
    $

    Paul Cupis, Aug 22, 2005
  16. adamc

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Hmm, not quite. If you use X-Lite, it will try to connect to the SIP
    port on the server (5060 by default). If you use an IAX client it will
    try to connect to the IAX port on the server (default 5036).

    It's to do with the client software, not the server.

    Paul Cupis, Aug 22, 2005
  17. adamc

    Steve Loft Guest

    As Phil says, they're different names for the same machine, they resolve
    to the same IP address(es). So it doesn't matter which you use.

    Steve Loft, Aug 22, 2005
  18. no, the question is do they resolve to the same IP and/or do both
    offer both SIP and IAX.

    x-lite will address the SIP port on the IP address resolved from the
    server name. It could be bollocks.1899.com but that wouldn't make
    x-lite talk bollocks.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 22, 2005
  19. adamc

    Roly Guest

    As Phil explains quite well in other posts below - using iax.blah.com to
    register against compared to using sip.blah.com should not be confused with
    the actual protocol being used to handle the call.

    Firefly does indeed support both SIP and IAX protocols but X-Lite is SIP
    only.

    Roly.

    Roly, Aug 22, 2005
  20. adamc

    Brian Guest

    Fine. This is clearer than what I wrote.
    Except the server must be set up to accept connections on either port.

    Brian.

    Brian, Aug 22, 2005