    I note that even using wifi connection to poll router is impossible as soon
    as the Equant VPN connection is active.

    Thanks

    Guest, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Guest

    Dave Guest

    if i understand what you are trying to say it sounds like normal vpn
    operation. with most vpn's once you connect to the remote server you lose
    access to the local network you started on. this is normal, the vpn becomes
    the default route for all ip traffic thus making you part of the remote
    network. this normally makes your local lan inaccessible since your remote
    network doesn't know how to route back to it. i have heard of some ways to
    play with routing tables to get access to both, but have never been
    successful with that here.

    Dave, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks 4 that.
    I notice its kocks over any webmail page I may be on at time, and have to
    relog in.
    Installed e mail client is Lotus Notes & both it, & webmail, on the wifi
    connection
    won't let me send attachments.
    --
    Berkshire, Thames Valley UK~
    Home of Inspector Morse

    Guest, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    Dave Guest

    yes, it would kill any webmail or other servers you are connected to when
    you start the vpn becuase suddenly your network is no longer accessible.
    when you log back in it is going through the vpn and back out from the other
    end of the vpn so it looks like a new connection. i don't know why the wifi
    would affect the sending of attachments, maybe there is some other problem.

    Dave, Aug 26, 2005