    Administrator and do a clean boot, but get the same result. Any suggestions
    for troubleshooting steps?

    Thanks!

    Guest, Jan 31, 2005

  2. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    What is "clean boot" - Safe mode?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Feb 1, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    By clean boot, I mean turning off most (not including Microsoft system
    start-up programs) boot options as listed under MSCONFIG.

    Guest, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ok. Then boot in Safe mode (press F8 while XP boots) and then try Device
    Manager again.

    --PA

    Guest, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that, but no luck. Someone from MS asked
    for a specific section of my registry. Hopefully he's got some ideas...

    Guest, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Guest

    Pavel A. Guest

    Strange. I've seen this behavior only on win2000. In XP it had been fixed...
    --PA

    Pavel A., Feb 2, 2005