Problems setting up bluetooth on laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Doo0592, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Doo0592

    Doo0592 Guest

    Hi all,

    I have been trying to get bluetooth set up on my laptop (came
    pre-installed) since I got it last year. Yesterday I got a new mobile
    (windows mobile) with bluetooth so i installed activesnyc had again had
    no luck finding the device. After checking the help (which actually did
    help for a change, lol), i followed the instructions and set the
    computer to discoverable and added a comm port. Now at least i have two
    error messages to work with! (progress).

    The bluetooth radio is not currently plugged in (when adding comm
    port)

    and

    error occured while saving your settings: settings not saved

    discoverability settings
    connection settings

    There is also nothing in the devices and hardware tabs, is this normal?
    Or does it mean i'm missing some vital bluetooth hardware? *gulp and
    sigh*

    Thanks for any help

    Doo x

    Doo0592, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Doo0592

    BobC Guest

    Did you turn on the bluetooth in the laptop? Some laptops have a switch,
    some use a function key, and some have some software that enables
    bluetooth. Check your laptop manufacturer's documentation.

    BobC, Nov 4, 2006

  3. Doo0592

    Doo0592 Guest

    Ah, now I remember! I have a memory like a fish these days! I'd missed
    one of the switches.

    Thanks muchly x

    Doo

    Doo0592, Nov 4, 2006
  4. Doo0592

    Doo0592 Guest

    I have to admit I did forget about that other switch, but i'm still
    getting the same error messages :(

    Doo

    Doo0592, Nov 4, 2006
  5. Doo0592

    binoms

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi Doo

    I'm having the exact same problem, I have an Acer 8204 and for some reason I can't change my discoverable status, it gives me the same message you described. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

    binoms, Nov 12, 2006
  6. Doo0592

    TheGUS

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hope this helps

    hey i had the same problem in "bluetooth devices" where it says it cannot save those settings to make it discoverable. and i just figured it out. hope this works for you all.

    all i did from this point was install the bluetooth stack CD from my dell bluetooth 360 chip. then with no COM ports set on my mobile device, the software was able to recognize "activesync" on my mobile device, and it synced up in activesync when i set the computer's activesync software to the COM port that my bluetooth stack software said was for serial port. remember, no com port setting needs to be set on your mobile device!

    GOOD LUCK!

    TheGUS, Aug 16, 2008
  7. Doo0592

    hardy

    Joined:
    Mar 22, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    allow a device to connect

    hi and good day to all
    the allow a device to connect option on my bluetooth panel is blurred gray and i can't click it.
    i'm running a windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on my acer aspire, i've already tried everything posted on the net, i've uninstall and installed it a million times already but it's still blurred gray.
    plz i need your help on this one so bad this problem is giving me many sleepless nights.
    i even configured it on the local service menu and set it to automatic but still no effect...
    really hoping you could help me this one...

    hardy, Mar 22, 2012