    Card). My local computer technician has been unable to set the network up
    after trying everything he can think of. The Card's Utility shows everything
    OK and signals going out, but nothing coming in. Any ideas?

    Guest, Feb 3, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Yes there are. The main problem is lack of updated drivers for win98.
    Since end of industry support for this OS, hardware manufacturers are no
    longer
    providing driver updates or patches.
    There can be also issues with USB (not directly related to wireless, but
    many of
    wi-fi adapters are USB).

    IMHO the best for win98 these days is a "driverless" solution:
    get an AP working in client (bridge) mode, and connect the win98 box to it's
    ethernet port.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Guest, Feb 5, 2006