Problems installing Epson R300 printer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WarrenPeace, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. WarrenPeace

    WarrenPeace Guest

    can anyone please help with this one:
    I am trying to install my new R300 but keep getting the following message
    when I run the Epson installation disk:

    C:\Windows\system32\autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running
    MS-DOS and Microsof Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the
    application.

    I click on ignore and the software seems to load ok, it shows up in the
    printer list. I can't run a test print and the status monitor items are
    greyed out. I an using a known good USB cable. In fact the R300 icon
    changes when I unplug the cable, tho when I plug the cable in, or turn the
    printer on I don't get the usual USB message.

    The printer works ok in stand-alone mode. I have printed some pics from a
    memory card with no trouble.

    My other printer, also USB, works fine, as does the scanner.

    Windows XP Home edition with service pack 1 installed

    Any help greatly appreciated, this is driving me spare!!

    Thanks

    Bob

    WarrenPeace, Jul 19, 2004

  2. WarrenPeace