Problems connecting with Aironet 350 PEAP/mschap

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Adam Ryan, Oct 1, 2004.

  1. Adam Ryan

    Adam Ryan Guest

    Hello-

    Aironet 350
    Cisco client 6.3
    Windows 2000 SP4

    Currently I am trying to login to my school wireless network, they use
    PEAP/mschap auth to login to the network.

    I have tried every auth listed in the security tab of the cisco
    client, LEAP, fast EAP, none, and 802.1x, but I still can't connect.

    I have also tried the tab under Network -> connection ->
    authentication under the connection setup in windows, I have selected
    PEAP, but there is still no area for authentication setup within that
    tab.

    Does anyone know how to set up the 350 card with peap/mscahp in
    windows 2000?

    Adam Ryan, Oct 1, 2004

  2. Adam Ryan

    UnH0Ly Guest

    (Adam Ryan) wrote in
    Two things to find out in order to succesfully connect to this
    configuration. First, you need to make sure that your computer/laptop is
    either issued a certificate from the school's PKI server, or that the
    laptop has a domain account on the school network and has access to the
    schools PKI server for phase 1 authentication.

    Second, you need to find out if the admin is using WPA/TKIP instead of WEP.
    if WPA is being used, I've had mixed results running Windows 2000 SP4 using
    WPA, therefor YMMV.I think the Cisco client should get you going on Windows
    2000 for PEAP authentication.

    Hope this helps.

    UnH0Ly, Oct 3, 2004