problems connecting home network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Martin Fricke, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I have run 'Network Setup Wizard' from my Windows XP Pro computer and
    completed it successfully but when I go to 'My Network Places' and click on
    'View workgroup computers' a dialog box appears saying;

    'Homenetwork is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
    you have access permissions.'

    'The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available'

    This computer has a wireless connection to an ADSL Gateway.The other
    computer that i'm trying to network with runs Windows XP Home and is
    connected to the ADSL Gateway with an ethernet cable. I have run the
    'Network Setup Wizard on this computer successfully and it finds the XP Pro
    computer but cannot share files with it.

    Please help me!

    Thanks

    Martin

    Martin Fricke, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Martin Fricke

    JR Guest

    Make sure that all firewalls are disabled on all your
    machines.
    Try to ping the computers that you want to connect...
    Let me know if you still have issues..

    JR, Jul 19, 2004