    found' error.
    I've checked the setting of recieving IP settings from the router.
    Any ideas please?

    David, Nov 16, 2006

  2. David

    - Bobb - Guest

    First, basic stuff ... does it work OK if you use a wire ? Second, has
    that USB adapter ever worked ( maybe elsewhere / on another PC ) ? Does
    it work if you put wireless PC next to router ? ( in case interference
    issue) Other wireless pc's work OK on that router ? etc

    What's your homepage ? That it "can't find" ? In case DNS ( naming)
    issue, make your homepage your ISP's website ( like www.comcast.net) -
    does that work ?

    Check the settings in IE ? Open IE, Tools - Internet options -
    Connections - LAN settings - uncheck proxy etc.

    - Bobb -, Nov 22, 2006

  3. David

    David Guest

    Thanks Bob and others who replied.
    I think I've done all you suggest and much more, frankly I'm lost with this
    98se computer the XP is no problem, I'm far from computer expert. Think I
    will have to find a friend who is into this for him to sort things out for
    me, as I just feel I'm going in circles.

    David, Nov 22, 2006