Problem with WinRAR used with Fantasy DVD Player Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BC, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. BC

    BC Guest

    Should have taken the warning. In one of the NG's about a
    month ago someone posted that Fantasy was Hi-jacking all the movie
    files. But I knew better an decided to try it, they were right!!
    Installed Fantasy and in one of the Options of Fantasy there
    are about 70 different extensions that you have the capability of
    using Fantasy as the file used, I unchecked all of them. Found
    another place and did the same there also. However found that in
    WinRAR a double-click still opened Fantasy I decided to uninstall the
    program. Which I did .....I Thought !!!
    In WinRAR-Options-Settings-Viewer one of the settings is
    Associated program which is supposed to, if you double-click, open the
    file in the program of your choice which you set with My
    Computer-Tools-Folder Options-File Types.
    Only problem is that NOW in WinRAR any time I click on an AVI,
    MPG, VOB, MPEG, or WMV (there may be others) it opens the Internal
    Viewer which is not what I want and never used to get.
    If I double-click on any of the above files in a My-Computer
    window it will open the VLC Player, WinDVD or Windows Media as it
    should.
    Don't belive I could have messed up any of the settings in
    WinRAR as I never used that option before. (didn't even realize it was
    there).
    Have tried Installing and Uninstalling both a couple of times
    with no help.
    Anyone have any ideas....BC

    BC, Oct 5, 2005