    Does anybody know why Vista 64 Bit doesn't diplay the new characters
    in charmap.exe?

    Thimo

    Thimo Gräf, Nov 23, 2009

  2. where does Private Character Editor save the characters? Remember that
    32-bit and 64-bit programs have a different view of the file system.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 23, 2009

  3. Thimo Gräf

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    And there are also two "charmap.exe" files, one 64-bit and another one
    32-bit located in their corresponding system32 and syswow64 folders
    respectively.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 23, 2009
  4. And clearly, they aren't seeing the data from each other...

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 24, 2009
  5. Thimo Gräf

    Thimo Gräf Guest

    Hi,

    I can display the private characters with the combination of
    ALT-key + Unicode (typed on the keypad). This does work.

    But the entry "All fonts(private characters)" isn't there in
    character map on the 64 Bit system.It's there on both XP
    and the 32 Bit Vista.

    Thimo

    Thimo Gräf, Nov 24, 2009
  6. Try running the 32-bit version of charmap.exe using
    c:\windows\syswow64\charmap.exe.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 24, 2009