problem with sata

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alok_rhct, May 4, 2006.

  1. alok_rhct

    alok_rhct

    Joined:
    Apr 28, 2006
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi all ,
    i am getting problem in installing RHEL4 on my system having Xp sp2 already.
    when i put my bootable cd it give an error that drive not found.

    well i maneg it by making sum changes in bios(i.e ATA/IDE as legancy previously it was enchanced) now the problem is my system is booting up very slow(i.e grub screen comming up ver slow).

    can any one help me what to do to improve my processing?

    my configuration are
    945 GNT intel motherboard
    3.0 ht processer
    80 gb hard disk
    1 gb ram (512*2) hddr2

    alok_rhct, May 4, 2006

  2. alok_rhct

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    More information needed....

    I'm not sure if you are adding a SATA drive, or if you are adding an optical drive. I'm an AMD kind of guy, and I'm not up on the latest Intel motherboard issues, but if you are trying to add a SATA drive, you probably need the drivers in Windows to see it, along with making sure the BIOS has SATA enabled. You typically get a driver floppy with SATA drives, but if you didn't get one, you can go to the manufacturer's web site and download the driver. Use the Administrative tools, computer management, to see if the drive is showing up in your system. It won't be usable until you format it with NTFS, so click on the drive if it's there and tell windows to format it as a primary drive.:p

    bigal, May 11, 2006