Problem with registration after passing MCP Exam

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by PS, Nov 19, 2004.

  1. PS

    PS Guest

    Hi

    I pass my first exam MCP and I recieved mail from MS and I wanted to
    register on MCP sites.

    I saw sth like this:
    Welcome to the MCP Member site.
    Accessing Member Content
    To gain access to MCP Member content, you must associate your MCP profile
    with your Microsoft .NET Passport. This is the only time you will be asked
    to associate these two accounts, as long as you continue to use the same
    ...NET Passport.

    Please provide the information below to help us verify your identity. For
    the Registration ID, use the number from any exam score report you have
    received from your exam provider.
    * indicates a required field

    * Last Name
    * Email
    * Home Phone (last 4 digits)
    * Country
    * VendorRegistration ID

    And I have very funny problem - I don't remember any placy in my .NET
    Passport where sth like "Home Phone" exists... So I don't know what to do
    with this.... On registration form to MCP exam home phone also doesn't
    exist...

    Could anybody help mi with this?

    Best wishes
    Przemek

    PS, Nov 19, 2004

  2. You need to use whatever phone number you used when you
    registered for the exam. Prometric or Vue probably can
    give you this information on their respective website. If
    that fails, use whatever phone number you used to
    register with Microsoft. (when you provided them with an
    address to send your MCP welcome kit to, you would also
    have been asked for a phone number.)There is not a
    requirement for a phone number to use a Passport, only a
    username (e-mail address) and password. Hope that helps.

    Mr.Systems Engineer, Nov 24, 2004

  3. PS

    MikeF Guest

    Just keep pounding away at it. I've taken around 15 MS exams, have 3 MCSEs.
    Ms has always updated my profile quickly, but they lost my hotmail account
    and first passport account long ago. And the second passport account still
    has a defunct email address on it, even tho they've had my current email
    addy for a couple years in all the rest of my stuff. I tried eight times
    over two days to get the correct addy into the passport account (about two
    years ago) then gave up. Maybe it all works better now :}
    Or not.

    Mike

    MikeF, Nov 25, 2004
  4. PS

    MikeF Guest

    oops, forgot to tell you what to do. call them up. that usually gets it
    done.
    they have 800 numbers for mcp help.

    MikeF, Nov 25, 2004