    message...Does anyone have an explanation for this ? and a solution to
    correct it ?....Thanks....

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, May 31, 2004

  2. Bigbazza

    Avenger© Guest

    Dump OE as your news reader and try something like Forte Agent,
    available in free and pay version from
    http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php

    Avenger©, May 31, 2004

  3. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    Thanks for your reply...Avenger...I haven't had very much trouble in using
    OE6 in the past...I started to use OE when I first got the 1st computer and
    going onto newsgroups...and have never investigated other programmes
    !.....Could you tell me ..What programmes like Free Agent..for instance
    offers me above OE6....I am an 'oldie'...65(coming up)....I rely on my
    Son...Timothy to look after the computer....I mainly use Senior and Cooking
    and Christian groups myself....My Son does not use newsgroups very
    much...Just what can I do ..extra...on these other programmes ??...I would
    much appreciate the any guidance you or anyone else could provide me with...

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, May 31, 2004
  4. Bigbazza

    Avenger© Guest

    Baz, I'm not far off being an *oldie* either :eek:)) It's probably not
    what you can do extra with a dedicated news reader. I think ANY news
    reader is better that OE however, if you are used to OE, it's probably
    best to stick with it.

    I can't really answer your question/problem, however, hopefully
    someone will post a reply that will help.

    Avenger©, May 31, 2004
  5. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    Thanks for the reply...Avenger....

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, May 31, 2004
  6. Bigbazza

    Unknown Guest

    If you can't answer why do you first give such poor advice? Dump OE? That's
    idiotic.

    Unknown, May 31, 2004
  7. Bigbazza

    Unknown Guest

    Go to the Microsoft site and get the instructions for repairing OE.

    Unknown, May 31, 2004
  8. Bigbazza

    Avenger© Guest

    And that advice isn't idiotic?????

    Avenger©, May 31, 2004
  9. Bigbazza

    Avenger© Guest

    Only in your opinion!!!!

    Avenger©, May 31, 2004
  10. Bigbazza

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Check your mouse double click speed in the control panel and adjust it. It
    sounds like you are double clicking the message.

    pcbutts1, May 31, 2004
  11. Bigbazza

    Parko Guest

    Ok baz, your best bet would be to get a decent newsreader. I use Pan which
    is mainly for Linux, but you can get it for Windows. Here's the Pan
    homepage so you can check out the details without the hard sell of some
    nong trying to flog you something
    http://pan.rebelbase.com/
    You can get it for Windows here
    http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2/WINDOWS/
    Just remember to install GTK for Windows before you install Pan and you
    can't go wrong. I've used a lot of other newsreaders and find Pan work
    well for me. Hope this helps.

    Parko, May 31, 2004
  12. Bigbazza

    Reid Decker Guest

    What OS? If you have XP, go to the help menu, System Restore, set a
    Restore Point back to before you had the problem. This usually works.

    Reid Decker, May 31, 2004
  13. Bigbazza

    Unknown Guest

    Well isn't dumping it your opinion? How many PC's do you think there are using
    OE?

    Unknown, May 31, 2004
  14. Bigbazza

    Unknown Guest

    This is the most intelligent answer.

    Unknown, May 31, 2004
  15. Billions of flies eat shit. Have a nice dinner.

    Blinky the Shark, May 31, 2004
  16. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    I checked out your suggestion and I didn't find any difference...Thanks
    anyway....

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, Jun 1, 2004
  17. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    I did try it a couple of times...It didn't seem to make a difference...

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, Jun 1, 2004
  18. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    As I said before...I have only ever used OE5 & 6.....I will look into your
    suggestions and see what they are like....I've always wondered what other
    ones would be like....You know ...I have never really had trouble in the
    past...and when something works I usually have the attitude...Why change
    something that is working ?....It seems to be much better today and last
    night...if I slow down a bit...

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, Jun 1, 2004
  19. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    any ...ramifications....Thanks for the time given me..much appreciated...

    Bigbazza..Oz

    Bigbazza, Jun 1, 2004