    how would i do this and will it cause problems? i never had problems with
    this in outlook express, which is what i am trying to migrate from.

    thanks

    TB, Jun 28, 2005

  2. TB

    Moz Champion Guest

    You can set up multiple smtp servers cut as the note says, it can cause
    errors. Whats the problem with all being sent out from one address? I
    have accounts on no less than 3 different isps, yet I only send from one.

    Moz Champion, Jun 29, 2005

  3. TB

    TB Guest

    the problem with it sending from one address is that i use one for work, one
    for personal, etc and when someone replies to the mail i have sent it all
    goes to the outgoing mail account rather than going to the account i wanted
    to send the mail from in the first place. in the end there would be no point
    to me having seperate addresses set up.

    does anyone want to tell me how to set up multiple outgoung mail servers in
    thunderbird or are the errors it causes so extreme that there is no point?

    TB, Jun 29, 2005
  4. TB

    Splibbilla Guest

    you can send via that one smtp, and choose which reply-to will be that of the account you send from. of course, headers will
    reflect the actual smtp.

    for exmaple, (inspired by ypop post)
    in oe i can recv and send via ypops. headers will show yahoo servers (and i think shows one custom header with ypops in
    name).
    or i can send via different oe account that uses the same yahoo mail address "faked into" the replyto but actually sent by ISP's
    smtp. the headers show my ISP server(s).
    but in tbmoz, (if paranoid of multiple smtp) you can (reliably) send using the "faked" replyto, via only the one smtp.

    in moz mail,
    i didn't know/notice this one-smtp rule, and was able to send via ypops or my isp. and it worked fine. But, in your case, you
    must be running inot the one-smtp caveat.

    Splibbilla, Jun 30, 2005
  5. TB

    Doug G Guest

    AFAIK, the e-mail address (and account name) that appears in the From
    box of a Compose window determines which account's Sent folder is used.

    To add an SMTP server go to Tools -> Account Settings -> Outgoing
    Server (SMTP), click the Advanced button, click the Add button.

    Each account's outgoing mail server can be set in Tools -> Account
    Settings -> <account name> -> Server Settings -> Advanced button -> SMTP
    tab. It may be best to use your ISP's SMTP server for all POP3 mail
    accounts.

    Do your IMAP accounts use the same server for incoming and outgoing
    mail? Some IMAP accounts use an IMAP server for incoming messages and
    an SMTP server for outgoing mail.

    Doug G, Jun 30, 2005