Problem with obtaining IP address from router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by William, Sep 12, 2007.

  1. William

    William Guest

    Hi,
    I have 3 laptops in the house. They were all able to connect to the
    wireless network. Then, for some unknown reason one of them suddently
    failed to do so. This happened after I changed the channel of the wireless
    router from 1 to 6. I did this to see if I can improve the reception for
    certain parts of the house.

    Two of the laptops can still connect without problem but not the 3rd one. I
    would get the error: Limited Connectivity. No IP address has been assigned
    to the 3rd laptop when I checked using IPCONFIG.

    I tried rebooting the laptop, disable/enable the adapter, etc. But, none of
    them worked.

    I do not understand why. Pls help.

    Thanks,
    William

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Sep 12, 2007

  3. William

    William Guest

    Yes, the router was reset, along with all the devices.

    http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    http://www.HowToNetworking.com

    William, Sep 13, 2007
  4. Check if there is a new firmware for the router and new driver for the wireless NIC. Or this troubleshooting may help,

    Troubleshooting limited or no connectivity"This connection has limited or no connectivity. " ... check this page, Sent packets only on a wireless computer and Limited or no connection ...
    www.chicagotech.net/troubleshooting/noconnectivity.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Sep 13, 2007