problem with numeric keypad

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by larry, Nov 1, 2004.

  1. larry

    larry Guest

    Greetings

    I have a problem with my nermeric key pad functions...

    I have my computer set up to be able to use my numerica key functions
    instead of my mouse. I had problems with the ball support functions a few
    years ago and found I way to use my numeric keys in place of the mouse
    funtions..

    However, periodically I hit the + key instead of the one of the numeric keys
    and all of a sudden the function changes. When I hit the + key accidentally
    and next hit a number key I get a window next to my cursor...

    Is there a way that I can cancel that + key function return to my numeric
    key normal mouse key functions...

    Thanks

    Larry

    larry, Nov 1, 2004

  2. larry

    Millimeter Guest

    Hi Larry,
    What version of Windows are you using?

    If it's XP try...
    Control Panel\Accessibility Options
    "Keyboard" tab
    "Sticky Keys" pane
    click Settings button.

    "options" panel and uncheck
    "Turn StickyKeys off if two keys are pressed at once.

    HTH Millimeter

    Millimeter, Nov 12, 2004