    could it be faulty board?

    Thank you for your help

    -Thomas

    Thomas75, Apr 19, 2008

  2. Thomas75

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Apr 19, 2008

  3. Thomas75

    Thomas75 Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    Then what kind of serial interface is supported on 2621 router?

    I wanted to use that 2621 router as frame relay cloud for my lab.

    Can I use the 4 port async serial port then?

    Thank you again

    -Thomas

    Thomas75, Apr 20, 2008
  4. WIC-1T/WIC-2T are supported. And are very cheap.
    Weren't you the one that had the 3620 that was going to do the NM-4AS?
    Or was that somebody else?
    Err, I wouldn't recommend it, Frame-Relay really wants to use the
    synch serial ports.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 20, 2008
  5. Thomas75

    Bod43 Guest

    Thanks for pointing this out, would never have occurred to me
    and I may be building a lab quite soon. Unless of course I
    decide than Dynamips will do the job for me. I do have a lot of
    Cisco hands on so I think I will get away with it.

    Merv of course means wic-1t and wic-2t.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_tech_note09186a00800b0858.shtml

    WIC...T1 is something a bit different:)

    Bod43, Apr 20, 2008