Problem with name appearing on certificates

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by uyireh, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. uyireh

    uyireh Guest

    Hi all,
    I just completed my mcsd certification. I have not applied
    through the microsoft website to receive my certificates yet because
    there is an issue with the way my name is to be printed on the
    certificates. I have no surname. My name is just 1 word. But both
    prometric(where I registered for the exams) and microsoft have an issue
    of not having a lastname(or surname).

    While registering for the exams, prometric suggested I leave a '.'(a
    period) in my firstname and place my actual name under the last name
    field. These were mandatory fields and could not be left blank. I
    followed their advise to proceed with the registration.

    Now that I have completed my exams and I want my name to appear as it
    is in my certificates, microsoft seems to give me the same crap
    insisting that I put a lastname( or surname). They even suggested I
    leave a period or a 'mr' as my firstname and my actual name to be
    placed in the lastname.
    If I agree to this and have something as my lastname/firstname, this
    may allow organisations to question the certificates' ownership since I
    do not have a surname in my identity card.

    I wrote a lengthy email to Microsoft Regional Service Center for South
    East Asia. But their reply was as simple as '...Kindly be informed
    that it's a requirement to enter your first name in your individual
    profile. Thank you for your understanding....'

    Have anyone encountered this before. Can someone advise me on what I
    can do to resolve this issue?

    Thanks in advance.

    uyireh, Oct 20, 2006

  2. uyireh

    Guest Guest

    Hey, there. That sounds really frustrating. I'm not sure I can do anything
    (as I work in Redmond and not in the distribution center that creates and
    sends all of our MCP materials) but I will check to see if there is any way
    around this on a one-off basis.

    You have my sympathy... as a person with 18 letters and two spaces in her
    name, I've felt your pain with computer name formats and restrictions!

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006

  3. uyireh

    Guest Guest

    hey, i'm trying to send you a mail so i can get your info (MCP ID, etc) and
    see what we can do.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006
  4. uyireh

    uyireh Guest

    Thanks Trika. Looking forward to your email.

    Thanks again.

    uyireh, Oct 27, 2006
  5. uyireh

    Guest Guest

    How do I reach you?

    Guest, Oct 27, 2006
  6. uyireh

    uyireh Guest

    Hi Trika,
    you can contact me via . I can
    send you my official email address(that I use for correspondence with
    microsoft) and other details that you require once I receive your
    email.

    Thanks Trika. Really appreciate your help in this matter.

    uyireh, Oct 30, 2006
  7. uyireh

    uyireh Guest

    Hi Trika,
    can you see my email address that was attached to my
    reply earlier? I have not received any email from you. I dunno whether
    you have overlooked my reply.

    Thanks.

    uyireh, Nov 1, 2006
  8. uyireh

    Guest Guest

    Got it. Just sent a mail.

    Guest, Nov 1, 2006
  9. uyireh

    uyireh Guest

    Hi all,
    I managed to get my name printed on the certificates the way
    I wanted it to appear on them. This was possible because of 2 persons
    from microsoft. I want like to thank both
    Trika Harms zum Spreckel and Russ Parker for their help without which
    this could not have been possible. Thank you both.;)

    Regards,
    Nagarajan

    uyireh, Nov 13, 2006