Problem with my Yahoo Messenger account: one of the userid's in my Contacts list has a space on the

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Roger Carlson, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Hi. I have a problem with my Yahoo Messenger account: one of the
    userid's in my Contacts list has a space on the end of it.

    This makes it impossible to delete. I don't know how it ended up in
    the Contacts list with a space in the first place.

    I want to delete the bad, "ghost" entry, but I can't because the
    Messenger program won't allow it.

    I verified the problem using several 3rd party IM clients to make sure
    it was not the Yahoo Messenger client with the problem. Every client I
    tried also showed the "ghost" entry, which tells me it is a backend
    database problem in the deep server internals of Yahoo.

    A fix would require someone at Yahoo to manually delete the entry with
    the space from the Contacts list of my Yahoo Messenger account.

    The Yahoo help FAQ's and canned help web pages don't apply to my
    problem. They have been absolutely no help and a complete waste of
    time. I see no support email or phone numbers anywhere on Yahoo.com,
    and I know that that's by design.

    What can I do, or with whom can I speak, to fix this problem?

    Thanks,
    Roger Carlson

    Roger Carlson, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Roger Carlson wrote:

    Not exactly.
    Go here:

    http://search2.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct.../list-47619.html&answer_id=837585#__highlight

    At the bottom, there are two buttons. Select "No." After you log in,
    complete the feedback form.

    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Insisting on perfect safety is for people
    without the balls to live in the real world.
    Mary Shafer Iliff

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 13, 2006