    This has just started happening, no problems before this.
    Any suggestions on how to get the cursor to start at the margin set.
    TIA

    BIGEYE, Oct 12, 2005

  2. BIGEYE

    Scraggy Guest

    Find and delete normal.dot(hidden file) it will be recreated, hopefully
    correctly.

    Scraggy, Oct 12, 2005

  3. BIGEYE

    BIGEYE Guest

    Sorted. Thanks

    BIGEYE, Oct 12, 2005
  4. BIGEYE

    rp420

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Missing Margins

    I had this problem for a while and it after much time I discovered this issue is not related to normal.dot. If you are having this problem, you are obviously viewing the document from "Print View". To get your top and bottom margins back into print view, select Tools, Options. Select the "View" tab and check the box labeled "White Spaces Between Pages (Print View Only)" and this should resolve the issue.

    rp420, Aug 15, 2006
  5. BIGEYE

    CeeDosRun

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    *** Bingo, rp420 ***

    When I could tolerate the top-edge madness no more and refused to [Enter] down manually an inch even one more time, I first went to normal.dot which had correct margins in print view.

    Just in case, I saved a backup (secretly wishing to name it FUBAR.dot), then tried resetting margins on normal.dot. This failed utterly and without mercy, thus a quick Google brought me here.

    Your solution worked perfectly. Many thanks for your tireless effort in finding the fix.

    :adore:

    CeeDosRun, Mar 16, 2010