Problem with Liveupdate for Norton Internet Security 2006: TrustedApplication List won't install

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by droyus, Jan 29, 2008.

  1. droyus

    droyus Guest

    Last night, I reactivated the subscription for Norton Internet
    Security 2006 on a friend's Windows 2000 box that had been expired
    since July. The Liveupdate list was extensive (naturally).

    During the first Liveupdate attempt, all files downloaded normally.
    When the installation was underway, it hung on the installation of the
    Trusted Application List. No drive activity, but the CPU was pegged
    at 99% for the primary process that was doing the updating. The only
    way out was a hard reset.

    After that happened, I only updated 1 or 2 elements at a time. All
    other updates went normally. But the Trusted Application List is
    still not updated. Every attempt results in a stuck process that
    requires a hard reset to escape. The status bar reaches its maximum
    limit (during which time there is hard drive activity), but after it
    reaches its limit, drive activity stops and the update process does
    not finish.

    The size of this final update, according to Liveupdate, is 8.8MB. But
    when the file is being downloaded, Liveupdate says that it's only
    5.4MB. Could this be a symptom of the problem?

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

    droyus, Jan 29, 2008

  2. droyus

    Rôgêr Guest

    Some friend you are. Dump Norton.

    Rôgêr, Jan 29, 2008

  3. Clear out the downloads folder which should be under all
    users\symantec\liveupdate\downloads You should also be able to use the
    liveupdate icon in the control panel. There is an option to purge the
    download cache. Clear out Temporary Internet Files. Try it again. If
    that doesn't work then it's the usual mess. You will need to uninstall
    and reinstall. Last ditch effort, check the registry for the locations
    of downloaded items through liveupdate. Verify that trusted apps is both
    listed and points to the correct folder on the harddrive. Good Luck!

    Thai C. Stacy, Jan 29, 2008
  4. droyus

    Rôgêr Guest

    Why are you telling me? I wouldn't have that shit on my computer for
    anybody's money.

    Rôgêr, Jan 29, 2008
  5. droyus

    Mara Guest

    Here's a tip - Rôgêr already knows how to clean up his machine - and he's
    absolutely right about Norton.

    <Maxwell Smart>

    Missed it by *that* much.

    </Maxwell Smart>

    Mara, Jan 29, 2008
  6. droyus

    Bug Guest

    i had the same problem with the Trusted Application List Installation

    i wait for 15 or 20 minutes whith my CPU in burn
    and the installation of Trusted Application List was finished OK.

    Nothing happend during 20 minutes, just Installation was written on
    the window.

    so, be patient !

    excuse my poor english.

    Bug, Feb 4, 2008