Problem with lan to lan from Pix 501 and Vpnconcentrator behind a Checkpoint Firewall one

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Gianlu, Jul 2, 2004.

  1. Gianlu

    Gianlu Guest

    Hi, I'm a newbye with the pix and after several work I have
    estabilished a vpn ipsec tunnel between a Pix501 on our remote office
    and vpnconcentrator on our main network.
    In details ur vpnconcentrator in the main office is putted in the DMZ
    behind a Checkpoint Firewall on.
    I've the following problem:
    We have configured a Lan to lan ipsec tunnel between the 2 networks
    configuring the pix for routing all the traffic going outside through
    the ipsec vpn so we can filter the traffic going towards internet from
    the remote office using our proxy and our checkpoint firewall
    centrally. So for example internet from the remote office is reached
    going into the tunnel, reaching the vpnconcentrator, entering in the
    checkpoint DMZ interface. Then checkpoint checks if the traffic is
    permitted or not and if permitted, sends it outside our network
    through our main internet connection (natted with a pubblic static ip
    by the checkpoint).
    Everythings works fine, but now on the remote office they asked to
    reach a public site using telnet with a non standard port (3048).
    I've configured the rules on our checkpoint to allow the traffic on
    that port from all our networks (included the remote side internal
    network) and I was waiting that it should works.
    Instead, while I can telnet on that port from our main network, from
    the remote network the telnet doesn't work.
    Logging the traffic on the firewall, I cannot see any packet coming
    from the ip address of the pc of our remote network trying to use the
    3048 port.

    I cannot understand why, if it is a problem on the pix, if I have to
    configure somethings on the vpnconcentrator or if is the network
    structure which do not permit the telnet on that port over a ipsec
    tunnel.

    Can someone help me please?

    internet or
    and everything works fine, but I cannot ping from my primary network
    (which is also behind a Checkpoint firewall) the inside interface of
    the pix (10.9.1.1) while I can ping (after that the tunnel goes on)
    every Pc located on the remote office behind the pix.
    Moreover, from every Pc of the remote network I can access the
    services in my Primary network that I have opened on the firewall and
    I can ping the pc in my primary network, but if I try to ping the
    primary network from the inside interface of the pix using the pdm,
    the ping doesn't go!
    Is this a normal behaviour or there is something missconfigured that I
    cannot see in my configuration?
    Thanks for your help.

    Gianluigi

    Here is the Pix configuration with some ip changes:

    Building configuration...
    : Saved
    :
    PIX Version 6.3(3)
    interface ethernet0 auto
    interface ethernet1 100full
    nameif ethernet0 outside security0
    nameif ethernet1 inside security100
    enable password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx encrypted
    passwd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx encrypted
    hostname Pix
    domain-name xxxxxxxxxxx
    fixup protocol dns maximum-length 512
    fixup protocol ftp 21
    fixup protocol h323 h225 1720
    fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719
    fixup protocol http 80
    fixup protocol rsh 514
    fixup protocol rtsp 554
    fixup protocol sip 5060
    fixup protocol sip udp 5060
    fixup protocol skinny 2000
    fixup protocol smtp 25
    fixup protocol sqlnet 1521
    fixup protocol tftp 69
    names
    name xxx.xxx.0.0 NetPrimary
    name 10.9.0.0 NetPix
    access-list inside_outbound_nat0_acl permit ip NetPix 255.255.0.0
    NetPrimary 255.255.0.0
    access-list outside_cryptomap_20 permit ip NetPix 255.255.0.0
    NetPrimary 255.255.0.0
    access-list outside_access_in permit ip NetPrimary 255.255.0.0 NetPix
    255.255.0.0
    pager lines 24
    logging on
    mtu outside 1500
    mtu inside 1500
    ip address outside yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy 255.255.255.248
    ip address inside 10.9.1.1 255.255.0.0
    ip audit info action alarm
    ip audit attack action alarm
    pdm logging informational 100
    pdm history enable
    arp timeout 14400
    nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_outbound_nat0_acl
    access-group outside_access_in in interface outside
    route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz 1 (comment:
    zzz.zzz.zzz.zzz is the ip address of the router towards internet)
    timeout xlate 0:05:00
    timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 rpc 0:10:00 h225
    1:00:00
    timeout h323 0:05:00 mgcp 0:05:00 sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00
    timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute
    aaa-server TACACS+ protocol tacacs+
    aaa-server RADIUS protocol radius
    aaa-server LOCAL protocol local
    http server enable
    http ???.???.???.??? 255.255.255.255 outside
    no snmp-server location
    no snmp-server contact
    snmp-server community public
    no snmp-server enable traps
    floodguard enable
    sysopt connection permit-ipsec
    crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-MD5 esp-3des esp-md5-hmac
    crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-3DES-SHA esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
    crypto map outside_map 20 ipsec-isakmp
    crypto map outside_map 20 match address outside_cryptomap_20
    crypto map outside_map 20 set peer nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
    crypto map outside_map 20 set transform-set ESP-3DES-MD5
    crypto map outside_map interface outside
    isakmp enable outside
    isakmp key ******** address nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn netmask 255.255.255.255
    no-xauth no-config-mode
    isakmp nat-traversal 20
    isakmp policy 20 encryption 3des
    isakmp policy 20 hash md5
    isakmp policy 20 group 2
    isakmp policy 20 lifetime 86400
    telnet timeout 5
    ssh timeout 5
    console timeout 0
    terminal width 80
    Cryptochecksum:7e21083b04c2e47e80fa8f7c7de23a66
    : end [OK]

    Gianlu, Jul 2, 2004